16 Jan How To Control Costs While Getting Your Office Remodelled
When it comes to office remodelling costs, one of the most significant considerations is ensuring that you get the best possible return on investment. Business owners often wonder how they can cut expenses during commercial renovation projects, without affecting the quality of the installations. Here are five helpful tips on how to control costs while getting your office remodelled:
1. Choose the Right Office Remodelling Contractor
If you do not screen your office remodelling contractor well, you are essentially asking for problems like delays, legal troubles, poor quality work, and missed opportunities. On the other hand, when you hire a reputed professional, you can rest assured knowing that the work will be completed without any complications.
Well-established contractors have the necessary expertise and knowledge, and will always point out where you could save money. But, always keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Don’t opt for a contractor only because they provide lower quotes. See to it that your goals and vision align perfectly and that you get good quality work at affordable price points.
2. Set a Budget
Although the thought of having a budget makes people cringe, the only way you can avoid overspending is by having a fixed budget. You can address your priorities much more effectively by setting a budget, as it helps you control where and how the funds are allotted. The right contractor will also offer recommendations on which materials and features fit into your budget.
3. Don’t Deviate From Your Plan
You can save a significant amount of money on your office remodelling project by simply sticking to your plan and not deviating from it. Before the remodelling work commences, you must have a plan set in place that details the costs, timelines, deliverables, and resources.
The blueprint that your office remodelling contractor provides should incorporate all your goals. Although unexpected circumstances may arise, making changes at the last minute will definitely add to the cost of your project, and this is something you need to avoid.
4. Choose the Right Paint
Although the paint job may be the least expensive part of your project, it’s likely to be the most critical one. Choosing the right colour is essential if you want to transform the appearance of your office space. The paint and colour theme in the office will have a significant impact on the mood & productivity of your staff; you need to put in some serious thought while considering it. Opting for the perfect shades and contrasts will help create open and welcoming spaces that encourage productivity. Besides, if you need colour theme inspiration, you can always look at your company logo, branding materials, or your website.
5. Reuse Items
Business owners often feel that newer is better. However, that isn’t necessarily true, especially when it comes to office remodelling projects. You can always reuse certain building features that are in excellent shape. Besides, reusing them will keep your remodelling costs down. See whether you can reuse these existing items:
- Flooring – In most cases, hardwood, concrete, and tile can easily be renewed by using refinishing, staining, or other such techniques. However, if they’re not appropriate in their existing location, you can always repurpose them in a different area.
- Bathroom Plumbing – Plumbing systems always run inside the walls, and changing them entirely will be expensive. If you wish to keep your costs low, it might be a good idea to leave the washrooms as they are. This will prevent you from redoing the entire plumbing.
- HVAC System – Consider managing with your existing ductwork, vents, and mechanicals unless they’re entirely inefficient or in bad shape.
- Window Openings – Although changing older windows is a great way to improve energy efficiency, altering their size and shape will cost a great deal of money. If you already have double-paned windows, refrain from replacing or repositioning them.
- Furnishings – When you’re getting your office remodelled, if you end up saving money in one place, you can always put it to use in another. If your existing desks, chairs, cabinets, as well as other furnishings, are in good shape, consider reusing them. This will give you some breathing room to spend on features you feel are more crucial in terms of enhancing the functionality and/or aesthetics of your office.
For effective cost reductions & efficiencies that will improve your bottom line, contact the experts at Benchmark Cost Solutions at this number – 1300 170 585. If you prefer, you can also request a callback or write to us at this email address, and we will revert quickly.
Thanks for reading,
Benchmark Cost Solutions Team
1300 170 585