03 Jan How A Professional Energy Audit Can Help Save Money For Your Business
When it comes to maintaining the profitability of your business, there are a number of different factors that come into play and cost-savings in one of them. Your company will be able to stay afloat in difficult times if you focus on saving money on various aspects of your business.
There was a time when most businesses use to simply consider energy expenses as one of the unavoidable costs of doing business. However, today by running an expensive or inefficient energy system, you are simply using excessive energy and cutting off a major portion of your overall profit.
Why Conduct An Energy Audit?
Reducing unnecessary energy use can go a long way in helping you save money for your business. One of the best ways to keep a handle on these costs is to have visibility of your energy use and expenditure. And you would be able to get this visibility by opting for a professional energy audit.
A professional energy audit will provide your business with a comprehensive account of your energy usage and recommend energy efficiency measures. It will also provide a very concise summary of all your energy costs and potential savings. This will help you prioritise projects considered for future investigation & implementation.
Types Of Energy Audits
An energy audit often becomes the basis for new project designs and upgrades and can be used for measuring and tracking post-upgrade savings. There are different types of energy audits, ranging from very basic to ones that have a more comprehensive scope. It is important that these audits be conducted as per Australian standards. In order to ensure that the outcomes are consistent, the standards include three specific audit levels:
- Basic – This provides overall costs & savings on a broader level.
- Detailed – This type of energy audit involves onsite measurements and provides costs & savings at a slightly higher level.
- Precision – This level of energy audit focuses in a detailed manner on one/ or more areas.
Energy Audit – The Benefits At A General Level
Energy audits, from a general point of view, provide significant benefits in various areas such as:
- Help reduce overall energy costs in your organization.
- A reduction in these costs improves your company’s competitiveness.
- Reduce dependency on external energy sources.
- Increase the security of your business’ power supply
- Help reduce pollution and environmental damage.
- Reduce the impact of harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
Energy Audits – The Benefits At A Particular Level
- Help you reduce your energy bills.
- Enable you to significantly increase the comfort levels of people working in your facility.
- Help increase the lifespan of equipment on your premises.
- Discover unaccounted energy consumption that might exist in your business.
In simple words, getting an energy audit done is one of the best ways to identify energy costs and energy consumption of your business. The information provided in the auditor’s report can help you develop detailed measures to maximise efficiency, eliminate waste & optimise energy usage.
Energy audits have an impact on three key aspects:
- Performance due to rationalisation of energy use.
- Productivity through the optimisation of processes and equipment.
- Profitability due to optimisation of energy expenditure.
While some companies do conduct in-house energy audits, it is always a better idea to hire professionals for this job. They have the knowledge, tools, and resources required to conduct a thorough audit and provide practical solutions.
For effective and sustainable cost reductions & efficiencies that will increase your bottom line, contact the experts at Benchmark Cost Solutions at this number – 1300 170 585. If you prefer, you can also request a call back or write to us at this email address.
Thanks for reading,
Benchmark Cost Solutions Team
1300 170 585