16 Aug Effective Labour Hire Planning – Strategies that Work
Labour Hire planning isn’t a very simple task. It is far more strategic and complex than just backfilling a role when an employee leaves or when the need arises. Ideally, the recruitment & the human resources teams need to work in tandem in order to design strategic business growth initiatives that can help align the labour hire planning to meet the business’s growth goals.
Very importantly, this process needs to be dynamic as well as ongoing. It is very important for human resources teams to transition from operating just as a support function within the company, into a team that has a more strategic model which melds perfectly with their client’s requirements. This labour hire planning should be high on the priority list for every company.
Understanding What Labour Hire Planning Involves
There are a number of aspects that come into play when a company hires an outsourced labour hire services provider.
- Commitment – The HR team needs to be considered a strategic partner in the development of a labour hire plan. In order for this to happen, they need to have a buy-in not just from the senior levels of management within the organization but the Chief Executive Officer as well.
- Having the right ownership – Labour hire planning isn’t merely an HR initiative. This aspect is tied to the business strategy and needs to be formed by the company itself.
- Being proactive matters – One of the key steps in developing an effective labour hire strategy is to move from a reactive approach to a more proactive one.
- External & internal outlooks – Often times, organizations are a treasure house of talent and skills that unfortunately get overlooked when it comes to labour hire planning.
- Multilayered approach – Building a sophisticated and efficient labour hire strategy is a lot about cross-skilling the employees by offering opportunities for pattern and movement within the organization or via secondments to other teams, at appropriate times. Professional development as well as succession planning are the other key considerations to make sure that your labour hire plan is well developed.
- It’s more than a numbers game – While spreadsheets and data tell you certain things about a business, the only way to understand the issues that exist and the core of any business is a lot more than just numbers. A good recruitment company will work very closely with the management team to understand what their concerns and focus are. This helps them provide more suitable options when it comes to hiring new employees for the organization.
Benefits of Hiring a Labour Hire Firm
Sometimes, businesses wonder whether it is really beneficial to them to engage the services of a labour hire firm. The fact is, a labour hire agency can give your company flexibility in a number of ways, such as:
- The ability to plan efficiently for the type of workforce you require for specific projects, and the ability to meet any peaks in demand.
- Options to cover holiday leaves or sick leaves.
- The ability to manage special projects. This option comes in handy for companies that have cyclical production requirements.
- You can call the labour hire agency whenever required even if it is for a one-off need.
- You get a much larger pool of talent to draw from. Research indicates that even temporary hire workers can provide companies with skills that are a permanent employee might not possess.
For effective and sustainable cost reductions & efficiencies that will increase your bottom line, contact the experts at Benchmark Cost Solutions at this number – 1300 170 585. If you prefer, you can also request a call back or write to us at this email address.
Thanks for reading,
Benchmark Cost Solutions Team
1300 170 585