Firstly we identify the costly mistakes that big corporate and medium sized companies might be making.
You should be benchmarking pricing and services regularly, assuming your provider is looking after you can be a major cost over time.
Thinking it’s all about beating up your supplier on rates, there are so many other angles. Putting your recycling such as cardboard in general waste bin will cost you up to 7 times the cost of recycling.
• Using the wrong service, font lift bins, skip bins, bins being picked up ½ empty.
• Don’t fall for the honeymoon rate.
• Beware contracts have an automatic roll over clause, so if you miss the window to question or review you are locked in for another term usually 3 years.
• There are various ways you could be charged so make sure you take the time to understand your charges.
• Correctly recycling will assist you having your charges under control.
• Ask your waste provider to breakdown the jargon and acronyms that your are expected to understand.
• Ask your waste provider to come and inspect what is actually in your bins.
• Ask them how can we better recycle and therefore divert waste from landfill.
• Make them REMOVE the automatic roll over clause from your contract.
• As part of your contract have them visit and inspect your waste streams 6 monthly and update you on new waste diversion / recycling offers.
• We have 20+ years of experience buying, negotiating and creating innovation for all types of businesses waste problems.
• We interrogate our clients waste category from all angles:
• The pricing,
• Review the services offered, what type of bins, schedule of pick ups, recycling as many waste streams as possible.
• Site culture, what is actually happening, is recycling being put into expensive waste bins?
• We assist our clients to achieve government funding (up to 50%) for waste solutions in certain areas.
• We run tenders for small and large multinational clients and take the mystery out of complex offers.